Sunday, July 11, 2010

Where to?

So I'm stuck. I just turned 24 and I got two of the things I wished for last year. I got an exciting job that makes me feel I am making a difference and I moved out of my parents' home to my very own place. I've read a few more books and watched even more movies, but I didn't get to travel as much as I was hoping. I didn't get to enjoy all this for some reason. I just lived in this state of inertia, where my only reactions were due to the acceleration of events in my life. I do not feel I was the one to make things happen. I am happy crappy 23 is over,though.
What I want for myself right now a little extra brain. So that I don't repeat the academic laziness of the first year in my research M.A. And maybe so that I apply for PhD, even though I'm not sure it's what I want. So that I can get kick-ass subjects for the paper. So that I can finally meet the nice and interesting people and not bother about the trolls. So that I can finally pull myself together and do something with my life. Other than sitting around, eating cheese frankfurter and ice cream and watching TV shows. Which is kinda what I enjoy lately, too much I would say.
All in all, you can't be lost if you don't know where you're going, right? But I would rather get a sense of purpose than just chill and see what gives. Tried this one and it didn't actually work.

No comments: