Saturday, February 28, 2009

Out with the old and in with the new

Well, here it is. The last official day of winter. The beloved sun is gonna stick around for longer hours and the cold is gonna beat it slowly. Most of my springs have been beginnings. Some wild, some sweet, but March rarely lets me down.
I've been watching some of the worst films I've seen so far. I have a book on my nightstand and I think it's gonna be there for quite a while. The last two weeks have been mostly about graciously not doing much. I'll grow out of it, I just need my rest. That's why in a few days I'll be home.
I got to thinking about friendship. I am not familiar with proper friend behavior. Even when my friends ask me out, it's likely that I'll say no. I rarely call just to see how they're doing. I meet them when I'm out and usually don't make plans with them. I sometimes give them presents or think about ways to humor them, but I do that just for the people who are very special to me. But people know that anytime they need me, I will answer the phone, even if it's the middle of the night. I will think about them dearly when they're not around and I will make a wish for them when they need a little magic help. I know I don't seem warm and dependable, but I just try to keep people happy. They all know that.

No comments: